Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Junk Journal.

The two covers - just begun.
I recently attended a Junk Journal Workshop day at Ro Bruhn's place. I had a wonderful day - playing with paint and stamps, chatting and laughing with fellow workshop members and relaxing & enjoying gourmet morning tea and lunch, cooked and served by Ro's husband Steve. A delicious spread.

I had been collecting interesting papers and envellopes for a quite while in preparation - I can't throw anything out now I've caught the "bug" and so I arrived at Ro's with a huge box full. I used mount board for covers and decorated these with gel medium applied through a piece of lace curtain.
This gave interesting texture and I painted it when dried. I will do more work on it as I think it looks a bit plain so far- maybe it needs more colour and some outlining or collages or ... 
Two signatures joined together
Front of one signature

I painted and stamped manila folders (signature covers) and assembled the papers in an interesting way and sewed these into two signatures. My journal still has lots of work for me to complete as I still have to sew the signatures to the spine of the covers. I loved some of the serendipity designs that happened during this work and as you can see - anything goes when using colours and stamps.
Painted page and some "Junk" pages.
One double page spread begun with a 10 minute Spontaneous Collage

8 comments:

  1. Sue this journal is working up a treat. Love the subtlety of colour on the covers. Then the complete surprise of vibrant colour on the signature covers. Enticing pages to follow. This looking terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sue this looks wonderful, the colours are gorgeous, I hope you bring it for show and tell Thursday night.Thanks for the mention too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colours what fun, came via Sylvia's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,,found you through Sylvia...wonderful pages you are creating here....great color and lovely to look at.......I will come back for more!!
    Cynthia Schelzig

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colors I see here, I am so glad I found a fellow journal artist!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello There
    Visiting from Sylvia's blog
    Your use of color and texture is inspiring ... that is one amazing junk journal!

    p.s. welcome to blogland :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just scrumptious, you inspire me to get the pile of my papers together into some sort of book! I've been trying to get to it for so long so no more procrastination!

    ReplyDelete